Sunday, August 21, 2011

This Weekend Festivities

One of the many things I love about life is obviously FOOD. I think I appreciate food more than a lot of people I know. I have no diet restrictions - I eat anything and everything as much as I like.

Friday evening, at work, we had the BEST tasting event ever! Tasting events are organized by sourcing team of the company, where we try new products and give feedback, evaluate whether we should carry that particular product.

So last tasting, we tried out those frozen but freshly made organic products - lobster risotto, lobster mac&cheese and lobster chowder. They are all restaurant quality food! Then the same time, we tried this dessert - toffee pudding and chocolate pudding. It was just heaven!!

Thursday night, I went to a Taiwanese American Professionals party at Hudson Terrance. It was more like a clubbing than a social event I was expecting. I will write more about my thoughts on that later.

Yesterday, Saturday, I went to Jones Beach with my super awesome friend, A, her boyfriend and his cousin couple. That beach was really nice compared to all other beaches I've been in this area. The sand and the water are much nicer and cleaner. Perfect beach day! it wasn't too hot and the waves were also perfect - not too strong. My friend, A and I always have interesting conversations and we never run out of what to talk about :)

Today, I had brunch with this new friend who I met at another friend's bday party. She seems really nice and great too. These days, I always end up making more friends with women than men. It seems to me that whenever I meet new men whom I feel connected, they usually seem to want more than a friendship. I'm not against dating but it's just too much pressure for the time being. Anyways, we went to this place called Cafe Orlin which I picked. I normally have brunch in West village because those friends in WV are dominating in picking out places :) I always love brunch, it's relaxing, and comforting yourself with breakfast food with good company. The food at that place didn't convince me that much though and bad service. I don't think I'll go there again.

This evening, I met up with a group of friends at Frying Pan in Chelsea. I've been wanting to go there for a while. Last time, we cancelled because of the rain. This time, we made it even though it was raining a little bit after I got there. It must be so awesome to hang out with a few drinks on the boat in the nice weather. Once the rain slowed down, we walked over to this place called Ovest Pizzoteca in Chelsea. I've been eating pretty much typical American food this whole weekend - Angus beef burger on the beach, sweet pretzels, milk shake, egg Benedict, pizza. It's definitely not healthy but I'm totally not complaining about it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment