Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reconnecting withe the Past

I consider myself of almost always living in the moment - I barely miss places and people in the past and don't worry much about the future. It's not because I don't care, it's just because I sometimes get so much caught up in the moment and feel a waste of time to carry on unnecessary emotional burden. Also it's because I always believe that there will be always another chance to be in those places or to see those people.

Life is usually so random and unpredictable. Well actually it's one of the many things I love about life! :) Sometimes things you want the most don't happen or people you cared most don't come across with your path. But then you also happen to find new opportunities you never expected of having or people you never thought that would matter to you became important in your life.

So this Sat night, I went to my friend's birthday party. We had a delicious dinner at Les Halles. Then we went to Karaoke place in Brooklyn. That Karaoke place is pretty similar to what we have back home. You get a private room for your group and they serve food/drinks while you sing. It was fun. It reminded me of who I was 9 years ago- this girl who was trying to find her way out to go to college in U.S. Karaoke was one of the social activities I did with a group of friends back then while we were all taking classes and applying schools.

Then today, I had brunch with one of my college friends. I didn't expect much at all because we were not really like close friends in college. But it turned out very nice to see her and we had great conversations about our lives. Interesting thing is that she's been living the kind of life I've been dreaming of living. Past 5 years she has been moving around and lived in different countries such as Netherlands, New Zealand, Japan, UK and now she's in NYC doing her Ph.D. It happens because sometimes she followed her husband for his job and sometimes her husband followed her when she pursued her studies in UK and now US. She said they always managed to find jobs whenever they moved around.
Sometimes, I think you shouldn't be thinking too much and just do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment