Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Understanding the attraction

I really get frustrated when I ask someone why they like someone and the answer is ' I don't know- I just FEEL it." There is always a reason to make you feel it. I think most people don't seem to understand WHY they feel what they feel. I don't always either but I at least try to understand why I feel how I feel. It also often seems to be acceptable that feelings and reasons are independent things and there is no causal relation.

There are always external and internal factors that cause you sadness, happiness, pain, anger, jealousy etc. Understanding emotions even get more complicated when one or more people get involved. I think if people understand more about what kind of people they are attracted, they will know what exactly they want in their partners and consequently there will not be many failed relationships and divorces. Getting to know someone is a long process.

That I'm super busy and don't have time for anything serious doesn't stop me having crush on people here and there. Recently, I'm having a crush on someone I thought I would never be attractive. After observing some great things in him such as intelligence, humor, kindness/attentiveness, being social and zest for life, I started seeing him from a different light. I looked at him and found him very attractive and want to get to know him more.

You do not like someone for no reason. There are certain things that make you interested in someone. After being interested, there is still a long process of getting to know the person, opening up to each other till you fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment