Sunday, October 30, 2011

Growing up from a grumpy child

Growing up is a learning process- how fast you grow depends on how fast you learn. I think the kids grow faster because they learn faster. Their brains are fresh and free of fear, guilt and past unpleasant memories.

When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I had a big cut from playing with a knife. I came up to my mom holding my bleeding hand without crying. My mom said; "See I told you NOT to play with a knife." I nodded and told her " yes but now I know how to USE a knife without getting myself cut.'' I was a foolish kid; it was more important for me to know something than the risk of getting hurt.

Now I'm almost turning 29 and there are still so many things I still have yet to learn. I am still doing same mistakes over and over. Sometimes I know, sometimes I don't and sometimes, I refuse to recognize that I make same mistake again.

We all had been a grumpy kid- whenever a kid gets dissatisfied, she gets grumpy with whoever she interacts with. For me, that grumpy kid in me didn't grow up. It's a shame that it's still there. Whenever I gets stressed out, I get grumpy with friends that I interact with. They have nothing to blame for my stress.

No matter how good of a friend I am, something unconscious thing I say or act ruins everything I care for those people. It happened a couple of times already recently. I really need to grow up from that grumpy child. 29-year-old being grumpy is definitely not cute like that 6-9 months baby. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment