Friday, September 16, 2011

Living life to the fullest

To live fully in the moment is in a way to live your life to the fullest. As tomorrow is uncertain, it is very important for me to make the most out of today.

I have been busiest ever past two weeks. Sometimes, I wish I could divide myself to three four persons to be fully involved with everything I want to; or I could get 2 or 3 extra hours each day. I try myself to be most efficient with limited time I have. From Mon-Fri, I leave home 7 am and get back home after 10pm. And my weekends are packed with catching up with friends and doing schoolwork.
My priorities come in this order:

1. School
I'm taking 3 courses- Advanced Accounting, Auditing and Marketing. For Advanced Acctg, I got the professor which is best known for giving LOADs of work for students. I'm already suffering from that. As expected, Auditing is quite interesting - that's where I can fully apply my major strength catching irregularities and mistakes based on my own judgment.
Marketing is quite fun as well. I really like the professor- she seems very confident and enthusiastic with the subject.

2.Work
I'm working almost full-time- 36 hours. I am actually liking it a lot. I really like the people I work with, ( they like me a lot as well). There are so many new things for me to learn and have been acquiring new and hidden skills :) I didn't know myself well how much of people-person I was until now. As I love FOOD, hearing about it and working for it have been quite fascinating for me :) I've been communicating a lot with many people and solving a lot of problems each and everyday.

3.Job Search

To become a CPA (Chartered Public Accountant), I need to work as a public accountant. Meanwhile, I have been attending school career events to network with professionals and my fellow schoolmates. This whole process of gathering information, talking to people, building relationships and all these take a lot of my time and energy as well. Just two days ago, I did something I thought I could never do! At the PWC info session, I asked a question with a microphone in front of 200+ people. I was nervous but I DID it!!

4.Socializing
Yes, I'm taking almost full-time course load and almost working full-time.But I still make time for my friends. Socializing is very important for me as not only I enjoy seeing my friends but also I love meeting new people every now and then.

5.Staying healthy
With all these things filled up my day/night, I have been sleeping less and less than my usual 5-6 hrs a night. But I still have lots of energy and barely feel tired. I do get tired sometimes. So I have been trying to eat healthier, which I never cared before. I eat more vegetables, meat, cereals, nuts and fruits, and less carbs. I drink more water. As I work in an organic food company, I always get so much information about which food and drinks have what and how they affect your body etc. I have been keeping up with swimming, at least once a week. I have not been running for a while though. I find swimming more refreshing and relaxing than running. I guess it's b/c of the water.

I am very busy but I feel so great as I feel that I've been doing A LOT and being quite productive. My best friend from college visited me and he was quite amazed with how efficient and energetic I am :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! (the question in the microphone!) i had no idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i used to be nervous speaking in front of 20 classmates...

    ReplyDelete