Tuesday, May 15, 2012

mystery of "OTHER" People

I went for a refreshing run outside by the E river for my study break. Running is always so amazing and it clears my head. But my mind is always active so I barely stop thinking. I was looking at other people who were running and wondered what they would be thinking too :)

I know all these people have their own stories in their heads. They have no idea who I am and what I am thinking about either. In our life time, how many people do we really get to know? Even among those people we are close, how much of their stories do we know? I think there is still not much. One of my best friends, MZ, and I spend a lot of time together since we are in the same school and have very similar schedule. We do talk a lot about our stories; what we want in life, about our family, our childhood and of course boys :) But still, there are so many stories left to be told. Even three years relationship with my ex, there were a lot of times we were like 'oh I didn't know that about you.'

When I was young until before I came here, school and education took all my energy. I know it was kind of pathetic that school was my 'only' focus. I was brainwashed that if I had other interests, my grade would get hurt and I wouldn't stay on top of the class. I did not know much about my high school friends. I really didn't know them at all. All I know was that we were all VERY COMPETITIVE! We were friends on the surface but we were always competing against each other. It's a shame.

What killing me is that I want to know the SECRET stories of other people- ones they barely share with other people :) Those are the ones that are REAL and that you can learn a lot about human nature.

With all the constraints and limitations we have, I just realized how little we can know about other people in our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment